Sunday 17 October 2021

Using Drawing Gum



 I have been asked about using the drawing gum as a masking tool which is shown in the recent John Next Door Christmas box kit magazine. The article gives  written instructions and I know some people prefer picture instructions. So here is the process with a few pictures as well.


This is the Drawing gum I first came across this when water colour painting and used it to block out area and then add colours so it is very much the same principle.

Firstly I stamped the stag in black Versafine ink and left to dry completely.  I then took the gum and using a fine paint brush painted over the image. You will see that the image looks slightly blue. This needs to dry completely.




Next stage to add a wash to give the coloured background. Painting over the stamped image.


Again leave this to dry completely and then rub off the gum carefully with your ring finger(this is your gentlest finger). This reveals the white back ground.



I do hope this is helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment