Saturday 9 October 2021

A different use for the Wreath Stencil

 Here is a different way to use the Wreath making stencils from John Next Door. For this one I used the smaller size, I put a piece of Dolly Dimples media card behind the outer stencil and blended Distressed Oxides from the outside of the stencil in. See below.




For the next stage I cover the blending with the inner piece of the stencil and repeated using a different tonal colour blending outwards. I have used bright colours for this as it shows up better in photos.




Finally I added my choice of finger stamps around the edges of the star, the white area adds definition to the outline. For my stamping I used Versaclair. Then added my centre piece which is using a stamp from the Summer Box Kit coloured with watercolours. A couple of mats and there you are!


Hope you found this helpful and an extension to the use of your Wreath stencils. I will post another idea next week!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment