Saturday 6 July 2013

Inspired by Sue Carrington

It has taken me a little while to get back into crafting for myself, preping for workshops etc took most of this week. So I decide I would have a go at a canvass inspired by Sue over on the Paperartsy Blog.

I took a 6 x 4 canvass and covered with Distressed Stains, I used pineneedles, wild honey and faded jeans, sprayed with water, added more stains and spray again until I got the desired effect. Then used Butternut Fresco Paint through a stencil and used the same stencil to ink through using Archival Russet. Then coloured three pieces of mountboard with Stains, stamped using Paperartsy Minis 67, 68 and 71. Then a bit of Treasure Gold Renaissance on the little frames and the canvass. Finished off with a few beads and wire circles, these are made with wire, paper and gloss accents.  This technique is in the Craft Stamper Magazine. Thanks for looking.






2 comments:

  1. I love the colours on this canvas and such a lovely, natural theme. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab canvas Margaret, love the colours you have used & the stamps
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete