Saturday 28 December 2013

Christmas Cracker 1

Having watched Leandra's video on mixing Grunge Paste and Fresco paints I decided to have a go. A made a canvas frame from mount board and sticky backed canvas. Used a selection of pink and claret I  blended the  paints together with cinnamon, to get some of the shades I wanted. Added the coloured grunge paste through the stencil and sanded back. Added more colour with paint on a baby wipe. A few stamped butterflies direct on to the canvas and on the vellum for texture. Finished off with ribbon and treasure gold.



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Margaret ! Love the cinnamon with the shades of pink. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - I nearly used this stencil for my canvas, it's one of my favourites (so much so that I have it in both sizes!) I love your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fave stencils too. Works really well. Fresh. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely I love it so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful canvas and lovely colours. I love butterflies too!!

    Etsuko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that has worked out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers look great Margaret - promise I hadn't seen your entry before I did mine - great minds must think a like ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. The texture and the colours are great. Happy New Year, cheers, Veronica

    ReplyDelete