Saturday 23 March 2013

A canvas Inspired by Linda

As it is a horrid, snowy, cold day I have time to do a Linda Inspired Canvas.

Canvas from stash, painted in Mermaid Fresco paint edged with Inky Pool and a darker shade, which is a mix of Claret and Pea Coat. I then stamped bubbles in the same colour and stamped the leaves in a combination of Hyde Park and Limelight. Stamps are Jo Firth Young's JOFY 09.  I then stamped some of these stamps using Black Versafine on to Paperartsy Crackly Tissue, painted the back with previous colours, then went over with Snowflake and Mermaid. At first I thought I had messed up as I made a shadow of white around the stamping, but when it was on the canvass I liked the white outline.Then attached the tissue to the canvass using Fresco Satin Glaze. Back to the bubble stamp with Snowflake and that completed the canvas.

2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, Margaret! I love these colours, and the white is such a great touch to make everything pop! Beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful! It works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete